Home

Upcoming Events

There are no Upcoming Events

Condividi contenuti

queued for moderation and access denied ??

15 risposte [Ultimo contenuto]
semplerfi
Ritratto di semplerfi
Iscritto: 5 Gen 2008

As a member of the forum for 4 years and 10 weeks why are all of my posts being moderated and access denied?

I tried to update a broken link in one of my old posts that has been re-awaken and I get the below message.

"Your comment has been queued for moderation by site administrators and will be published after approval.

Access Denied

Please use your Relto book, it seems you have clicked a link to a private age.

In other words, you don't seem have the right permissions to access this page, sorry!"

Lunanne
Ritratto di Lunanne
Rel.to MaintainerMagazine moderatorMagazine teamTranslatorMessenger
Iscritto: 17 Gen 2010

We recently added a new anti spam module as we were getting more and more spammers. However you should be able to edit your own posts, and you should be considered "trusted" by now >.> Therefore there is probably something misbehaving, I'll tell the webmaster to kick the website somewhat harder.

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn
Forum moderatorMagazine teamCavern CrierMessenger
Iscritto: 15 Nov 2011

So somebody is going to kick Leo? Oh wait, he's both the webmaster *and* the website.

Well that's just awkward... ;-)

| "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander |

Lunanne
Ritratto di Lunanne

I'm sure he'll figure it out >.>

@Semplerfi : I believe someone once misspoke and implied that Leonardo was the website, it has been an inside joke since XD

Leonardo
Ritratto di Leonardo
WebmasterLiaisonTranslatorMessenger
Iscritto: 19 Giu 2008

:P

The AntiSpam module doesn't work like phpBB where you become trusted after X posts. It just knows it has to check all contents all over the website posted by non-Messengers. Probably I can replicate that behaviour in some way though.

semplerfi
Ritratto di semplerfi

Leonardo wrote:

:P

The AntiSpam module doesn't work like phpBB where you become trusted after X posts. It just knows it has to check all contents all over the website posted by non-Messengers. Probably I can replicate that behaviour in some way though.

Like so many things there are two sides to the coin.

On one side I understand the need for spam control and I am in acceptance of that. On the other side I think it is a rude way to treat established contributing forum members.

A possible solution for both sides, how about a vetted group for established contributing forum members.

[on a humors note laugh]

I have been a forum member longer than anyone posting here...  colon pee

[/humor]

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn
Forum moderatorMagazine teamCavern CrierMessenger
Iscritto: 15 Nov 2011

Umm, so should I send Marten an email and ask him to post off a response on behalf of GoMe? (Because I will, if that's what you *really* want....) wink

As I recall, I inquired once why you didn't join GoMe since you're always browsing the forums. I believe your response was "Only as representitive of my own shard", or something to that effect. It occurs to me, if you had only applied for membership back then...Well the site upgrades would be a moot point for you now, no?

Anys, sorry for the inconvenience! Hopefully, Leo will have solution soon! Again, sorry!!!

| "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander |

Leonardo
Ritratto di Leonardo

Definitely, a group for estabilished forum users is what I am thinknig about. I am just wondering about automating the promotion of a user to that group

EDIT: for some unknown reasons semplerfi and Tomala are the favourite victims of the AntiSpam filter cheeky

semplerfi
Ritratto di semplerfi

Well, it is known fact that Tom and I, as members of the Guild of Slacker's, have been "Ruining it for everyone else since 2004". cheeky 

So... nice catch... wink

Trekluver
Ritratto di Trekluver
Magazine team
Iscritto: 27 Nov 2011

Leonardo wrote:

Definitely, a group for established forum users is what I am thinking about. I am just wondering about automating the promotion of a user to that group.

Whenever you end up implementing this, don't forget about the non-messenger magazine team access. I hate felling "overprivileged" on this site. :D

TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is

Marten
Ritratto di Marten
Rel.to MaintainerMessenger
Iscritto: 8 Nov 2007

Nev'yn wrote:

Umm, so should I send Marten an email and ask him to post off a response on behalf of GoMe? (Because I will, if that's what you *really* want....) wink

ROFL.

An "approved posters" group is definitely the way to go.

Leonardo
Ritratto di Leonardo

I have found it!!!.....it was just a Helper module to the main AntiSpam module....how could I miss it.

I have implemented it on the test site. As soon as I finish making its updates I will push everything here

kaeebonrai
Ritratto di kaeebonrai
Iscritto: 20 Gen 2008

@Nev'yn: Well, as an Ex-Messenger - semplerfi shouldn't *have* to sign up to be a messenger to post on these forums - Why should he? It seems my old guild is starting to abide by the "outsiders cannot run a ____" side of things now, eh?

Regardless of what luna may've said about my reasons... It was comments like this that caused me to stand down as a messenger and as liason to the GoW.

Leonardo
Ritratto di Leonardo

Kaelis: users can comment and messengers can have and express their own thoughts. When a Messenger posts, his words don't necessarily express the thoughts of the whole guild.

And for me Nev'yn's words were just light-hearted/ironic. People don't always have to post so seriously

Lunanne
Ritratto di Lunanne

They /can/ comment, I try to approve these posts as fast as I can (I get an email for every comment flagged in this way). With the helper module in place this won't be necessary anymore for people who have been approved more than once and it will be much like it used to be expect with less spam.

If you had read the rest of the posts, you would see that Leonardo is working on this. 

semplerfi
Ritratto di semplerfi

Nev'yn wrote:

As I recall, I inquired once why you didn't join GoMe since you're always browsing the forums. I believe your response was "Only as representitive of my own shard", or something to that effect. It occurs to me, if you had only applied for membership back then...Well the site upgrades would be a moot point for you now, no?

Anys, sorry for the inconvenience! Hopefully, Leo will have solution soon! Again, sorry!!!

Paraphrase vs. actual quotes for clarity:

PMs posted for clarity wrote:

Participants: semplerfi and Nev'yn

-----

Nev'yn -  Nov 20 2011 - 14:33

Shorah semplerfi!

I noticed you drop by the site fairly recently. Have you ever considered joining the GoMe team? Hit me back with an email if your interested, or have any questions or concerns! Thanks for takin' the time to read this. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Be well!!!

-Nev'yn, GoMe Cavern Crier

-----

Semplerfi - Nov 21 2011 - 20:38

Thank you for the invite Ney'yn. Sorry I am not interested in joining at this moment in time. Maybe when the Shards are up I could rep my home shard.

Regards,

semplerfi

-----

Nev'yn - Nov 21 2011 - 21:11

I understand, just thought I'd check!

Be well!

-Nev

In looking around the websie here I could not find any posting history of GoM members and or GoM forum members so it is hard to tell a member’s true persona and activity levels on the forum which could help with preconceived miss perceptions.